I take a lot of pride and joy in this. This is where science meets the arts. In a world where everything has to be done yesterday. Its nice to take a step back and see the big picture. Asking questions and not overlooking potential problems is a must.
Conducting an experiment is a challenge I welcome with open arms. Its the perfect reflection of one's work. And what better way to see flaws and have the chance to correct them before doing a product release.
This evaluation report is for a site currently under development. For this purpose, I created a fictitious brand.
The evaluation process was a combination of controlled and natural settings. I was able to test two groups at two different times. A total of seven individuals who were kind enough to help me get this project done. One thing I would like to mention is I made a little mistake when testing the prototype with the first half of my subjects. My mistake was testing a previous iteration of my prototype to my first group. It was the checkout page illustrated below. Fig.1. So for our purpose due to lack of resources, we will call this the independent variable in our experiment. Fortunately I was able to conduct a second experiment with a corrected iteration. Illustrated above in Fig 2.
Fig 1. Was one of the earlier iterations of the checkout page. Specifically the shipping section. It was suggested that I revise this form because the text fields were out of order and disorganized.
Fig 2. Checkout page with new iteration
Other than that, the evaluation process produced great results. My process consisted of giving each user the same them task of first, looking around the site, then navigating through products, and then making a purchase and finally going through check out.
I then conducted an interview with each user by asking them what they liked and didn’t like. I asked them what was confusing to them and if they had a choice what would they change in the site to make their experience better.
Here is documentation of one of our users Kemia doing the usability test of Preppers Autonomous. This is a video recording of her screen and her face to track her expression and reactions.
Due to lack of funds and resources, instead of getting a written consent and signature. I explained verbally the agreement with each user before conducting the experiment.
With the data and observations presented here, I am confident Preppers Autonomous will have a successful user experience. Our user test shows that Preppers Autonomous can become a great success and a great resource for the community. I will make the suggested revisions from the users. I believe collaborating with users is crucial to making this successful.
Copyright © 2016 · All Rights Reserved · UX Mikenovido